- Want to change career but don't know what you want to do instead?
- Don't know where to start with figuring out what you want to do?
- Feeling overwhelmed by the number of options and ideas?
- Like the idea of working with a Career Coach on the above, but too tight on budget?
- Too busy during the working day to have one to one sessions with a Career Coach?
- Want to work on your career change at your own pace, in your own time?
- Like to read instead of listening and talking?
Then this online course is for you.
Alice has been coaching individuals for nearly 12 years, focusing on career change specifically in the last 4 of those. In this course, she brings together all that experience and knowledge into a self-study online career change course, based on the 12 session programme clients work through with her on a one to one basis.
This online career change course aims to help you take a journey from uncertainty about your present career, and not knowing what your next step might be, through to having a clear vision of a career that is right for you, and a plan for how to create it.
What is unique about this process is that it draws on your own innate resourcefulness to help you identify an exciting and viable new career direction.
The course provides a framework for your career change, in the form of interesting and engaging exercises and profound guided visualisations, which will bring out that creativity and resourcefulness in you, directing it towards discovering the right next step for your working life.
This structured course is made up of 13 modules, split into three stages - EXPLORE, IDEAS, and ACTION.
Research shows that those who are most satisfied and motivated by their work are in careers which reflect who they really are; careers which reflect their true nature and their real interests; careers which draw on their innate strengths and employ their favourite skills; careers which allow them to honour their deeply-held values.
Because of this, the foundation of the course entails a long, hard look at who you are. This is the EXPLORE part of the process.
During this phase, you’ll get a clear idea of:
- your values
- your life purpose
- your most confident self
- your personal strengths
- your interests and passions
- your personality preferences
- everything you need in your life to be happy and fulfilled.
This knowledge is about you as a person, your life as a whole.
The next layer on this foundation stone in the EXPLORE phase is about your work preferences.
Here, you’ll work to identify:
- your favourite job skills
- your key work motivators
- your professional strengths
- your preferred type of organisation and working environment
- your ideal working day
- everything you need in your working life to be motivated and satisfied.
You will use two tools for capturing the vital information, which the EXPLORE phase is designed to elicit. These are the Life Star and Work Star.
As you work through the EXPLORE process, you will be asked to note your key learning in these Star tools. When complete, your Stars will provide a richly coloured snapshot of who you are and what you need in order to be content in your life and work.
By the end of the EXPLORE phase, you will be very clear about what you must have in your career to be satisfied and motivated. Your two Stars then act as the acid test for evaluating any future career ideas or job opportunities.
A parallel process also begins in Week 1 - you will open your Ideas Bank.
This is a space where you can capture any career possibilities that come up throughout the early weeks of the course, including ideas that you may have had before beginning the course. However mild, however wild the ideas, you are encouraged to place them in your Ideas Bank, ready to be evaluated later, in light of what you find out about yourself during the first phase of the programme.
The next phase of the course is the IDEAS stage. This is the part of the process where you will generate a number of possible new career choices. The idea here is to be expansive, to think outside the box, not to be constrained at this stage by traditional notions of what’s possible. In truth, almost anything is possible if it’s right for you and you’re willing to put the hard work in (and, of course, you will deal with making it possible in the final phase of the process).
You will then explore and research the most attractive ideas in some detail, before finally narrowing these down to between one and three strong possibilities, which are then assessed for fit against your two Stars.
From your research and Star alignment assessments, you’ll get clear on which career option suits you best, and decide which one you want to take into the ACTION phase, which is the final part of the course.
The ACTION phase is the point where you delve into the top possibility that was generated in the IDEAS stage. You will use a creative and empowering process, which lets you turn your vision for an exciting career that’s right for you into a soundly-based Action Plan to make it happen.
As the course draws to an end, and you start to transition into your new career, you also have the opportunity to review your progress against your Action Plan and work through any obstacles you face along the way. This helps keep you accountable and on-track as you move forward with your career change.
So, all in all, this is a thorough, detailed, and comprehensive online course, designed to give you the time and space to really think hard about your career, what’s important to you, and how to make the transition into your ideal career.
If you’re not happy with your current career path, but aren’t sure what else you want to do instead, then this is the perfect online course for you.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The course costs £895. This includes a 13 module journey through the three stages of your career change - EXPLORE, IDEAS and ACTION - with the use of a variety of different exercises, tools, and resources. It takes you from feeling lost and confused about your career, right through to knowing what you want to do instead, with an Action Plan for making that happen, giving you a renewed sense of direction, clarity, and focus.
- This is an online, self-study version of the career change programme Alice offers to clients on a one to one basis. It includes all the same resources, exercises, and advice, and follows the same structure and framework. She has included coaching questions along the way to help you draw conclusions and reflect on your answers to the exercises. This way, you don't miss out on the value that you might get from working with Alice one to one.
- Once you sign up to the course, it is all self-explanatory. You will be guided through the programme, module by module, by a mixture of videos and written instructions/explanations. If anything is unclear, or you want further clarification, you can contact Alice at any point.
- You need to be committed and dedicated to a career change to get the most out of this course. You also need to be prepared to prioritise and carve out time in your day/week to work through the modules. You're encouraged to set aside time to work through the course on a regular basis, in order to maintain motivation and momentum. The beauty of doing the course online is that you can work through it at your own pace, in your own time, but please do remain disciplined in your approach, in order to get the most out of the process.
- You do have the option to book in ad-hoc coaching sessions with Alice (£120 per hour) whilst you work through the course. An ideal time to have these sessions would be at the end of EXPLORE phase, when your two Stars are complete, in order to give you the opportunity to think through what you've discovered about yourself and what you want from your life and your career going forward. It would then be helpful to have a coaching session towards the end of the IDEAS stage, to help with your decision making about which idea you want to turn into action. You could then book in an additional coaching session whilst you are working on implementing your Action Plan, as a way to keep you on-track and accountable.
Want to get started on your career change?
To sign up to the course, CLICK HERE. You will be taken to Alice's Thinkific homepage, where the course is hosted and you can get started.
Please feel free to contact Alice should you have any questions you wish to ask before proceeding with your purchase.
Wishing you all the best with your career change!
IT Manager (and wannabe creative!)
I really appreciated and enjoyed Alice’s guidance. She took the time to get to understand my need, and has equipped me with understanding and tools for me to guide my life. After every session Alice always took the time to recap, sending out supplementary materials; further, she was on the end of an email when needed too. With her warmth of character, she has empowered me for the next phase of my life.