At the end of each year, I like to review what I've achieved that year, what's gone well and what I'd rather forget. This exercise is a great way to do that. It also encourages you to think about what you'd like to get out of 2015. By thinking ahead you gain an idea of what actions you need to put in place to achieve next year's goals.
‘Honouring 2014 and Kick Starting The New Year’ Exercise
The exercise involves you thinking about the answers to the below questions in great detail. Write down your responses and refer to them throughout 2015.
1. List all breakthroughs, accomplishments, milestones, joys and other exciting stuff of your 2014.
2. List all breakdowns, failures, frustrations, missed opportunities and other messy stuff of 2014.
3. What are at least 4-6 lessons you have learnt this year, which you want to take with you into next year? e.g. when I get stuck, asking for help gets me moving forward again.
4. What do you need to let go of / forgive yourself for that’s hanging over you from this year?
5. If this year (2014) was a chapter in the book of your life, what would it be called?
6. Imagine it’s the end of next year (2015) and it’s been a year to remember - a year that you can’t quite believe has been possible. You are reflecting on all the breakthroughs, accomplishments, successes and the way in which relationships in your life have become more fun, intimate and loving. What's on the list of things that have happened?
7. What are you tolerating at the moment that you'd like to change or eliminate from your daily routine this year?
8. What joys and ordinary pleasures will you add to your schedule, starting today?
9. What financial goals do you have for 2015 to support your vision?
10. If 2015 was a chapter in the book of your life, what would it be called?
11. What is something you would do this year if you really didn’t care what other people thought of you?
12. If you could do only one BIG project in your lifetime, what would it be? How can you get started in 2015?
At the end of 2015, dig out your answers, tick off the goals you've achieved, and repeat for 2016!
I would recommend Alice without hesitation. The content and structure of her coaching sessions have provided me with the confidence to make a complete success of my role.