In my role as a coach over at Mind The Gap, we’ve been working on putting together an exercise to encourage those in their 20s and 30s to review what 2013 meant to them, whilst also getting them to think about what they want out of 2014. The questions are great so I thought I’d share them with you.
Grab a pen and write down your responses. I’ve done the same and realised how much I’ve achieved this year that I hadn’t really taken note of, which was a great feeling. It also got me thinking about what to focus my energy on next year.
So, here are the questions:
Reviewing your 2013
- List all the breakthroughs, accomplishments, milestones, and other great stuff that happened this year.
- List all the frustrations, missed opportunities and other crappy stuff that happened this year.
- What are the lessons you have learnt this year, which you want to take forward into next year?
- What do you need to let go of/forgive yourself for that’s holding you back from this year?
- If this year was a chapter in the book of your life, what would it be called?
Previewing your 2014
- Imagine it’s the end of next year and it’s been a brilliant one; a year you can’t quite believe was even possible. You are reflecting on all the breakthroughs, accomplishments, successes, and the way in which relationships in your life have become more fun, inspiring and meaningful. What's on the list of things that happened in 2014?
- What is something you would do in 2014 if you didn’t give a damn what other people thought of you?
- If you could do only one BIG project in 2014, what would it be?
- What are you tolerating at the moment that you would like to change or remove from your daily routine in 2014?
- What fun things will you add to your weekly calendar, starting from January?
- What financial goals do you have for 2014 to support your life vision?
- If 2014 was a chapter in the book of your life, what would it be called?
So, how’s that looking? Hope it felt good working through those questions. If you’d like any help or support with what you’ve listed for 2014 feel free to contact me to arrange a free introductory session to kick start your 2014.
Merry Christmas in the meantime and have an amazing New Year. Thoroughly deserved I’m sure!
Group Marketing Manager, Medical Publishing Company
Having gone through a very difficult year, Alice has really helped me to view my life holistically and enabled me to focus on the areas I’d like to change. She is extremely supportive and I have found the whole process very worthwhile. I’m missing our sessions already and will be signing up for some more!