Everybody’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen)
We could learn a lot from Mr Luhrmann. I was listening to the lyrics of ‘Everybody’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen)’ on the tube this morning and a few of his lines seemed to offer good guidance to life I thought:
- In 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.
- Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
- Do one thing everyday that scares you.
- Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind… the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.
- Dance… even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.
Spot on. Thanks Baz.
Alice helped me realise that the nature of my problems was down to a negative thought pattern I had got myself into. She helped me to “unpick” some of these negative traits, and encouraged me to make decisions that were important for my future.