Career Advice Talk for Graduates (& Career Changers)
A few weeks ago, I was asked to record a careers talk for one of my old schools. Whilst it might have been recorded for school leavers, I think the advice I gave is incredibly relevant for graduates and career changers too, as there’s a similar sense of ‘getting started in something new’ and ‘what’s next’ that spans both situations.
So, I thought I’d share the video more widely.
In it, I cover:
- What my role as a Career Coach involves
- The main components of my job, and it’s pros and cons
- An overview of my career so far, and what I’ve learnt along the way
- Where to start and what to consider when leaving education or changing career
- What to do to prep for a new employer or your first job
- What skills employers are looking for
- What areas of personal development to work on before starting out
- What mindset to adopt to help you along the way
- CV & interview advice
- My thoughts on the impact of Covid-19 on the coaching industry, and career options in the future
Financial Services Associate
Alice helped me think of ways to get off my current career conveyor belt. She helped me to reset my inner confidence and put myself out there.