Career Advice Talk for Graduates (& Career Changers)
A few weeks ago, I was asked to record a careers talk for one of my old schools. Whilst it might have been recorded for school leavers, I think the advice I gave is incredibly relevant for graduates and career changers too, as there’s a similar sense of ‘getting started in something new’ and ‘what’s next’ that spans both situations.
So, I thought I’d share the video more widely.
In it, I cover:
- What my role as a Career Coach involves
- The main components of my job, and it’s pros and cons
- An overview of my career so far, and what I’ve learnt along the way
- Where to start and what to consider when leaving education or changing career
- What to do to prep for a new employer or your first job
- What skills employers are looking for
- What areas of personal development to work on before starting out
- What mindset to adopt to help you along the way
- CV & interview advice
- My thoughts on the impact of Covid-19 on the coaching industry, and career options in the future
Working with Alice has been the best thing I have done for my career. She’s helped me discover what’s important to me and what my values are. I felt lost, I didn’t know what I wanted or even what I liked doing when we started working together. Now, I know what I want and why. Alice has helped me put my ideas into action and given me tools to create a structure and strategy for my career and future.