This page is for reference only. As some services have been discontinued, please visit our homepage for an up-to-date version of this website.
Public and in-house management training designed to help organisations and individual managers to understand the unique needs of Generation Y in the workplace, and how to meet them.
Managing Generation Y in the Workplace
- Do you find managing younger team members difficult?
- Do you struggle to engage and motivate your younger team members?
- Are you losing young talent because you can’t seem to understand or meet their needs?
- Would you like to learn how to manage this generation better?
In September 2013, Alice designed and launched a two hour workshop aimed at training employers and managers on the unique needs of Generation Y (those in their 20s and early 30s) in the workplace, and how to manage them. The content of this workshop is based on the experiences of the Generation Y clients Alice has career coached in the past four years. The key themes underpinning their frustrations with their manager have been consolidated with supportive findings from recent empirical research into the experiences and needs of Generation Y in the workplace. The workshop offers a consultative forum for managers to learn how to best manage their junior talent and develop their future leaders more effectively.
This particular workshop has been commissioned and attended by a variety of organisations, HR and Learning and Development professionals since its launch, including:
- Dentons, the world's largest law firm
- Adidas HR team as part of their HR Away Day
- Learning and Development - Norton Rose, Trowers & Hamlins, Macfarlanes, Clyde & Co, Russell Cooke (solicitors)
- Change Management - Royal Bank of Scotland
- CEO and Senior Clerks from Matrix Chambers
- Heads of HR from GTECH (gaming technology) and EDC Communications (creative agency)
If you would like to arrange for this workshop to be run internally for your team, please contact Alice.
I first contacted Alice to help me re-assess where I was heading and improve various aspects of my life. Little did I know that I was about to be hit by a series of extremely challenging events that I was totally unprepared to deal with. Alice’s friendly, personable approach helped me to find answers and develop skills that not only enabled me to overcome adversity, it propelled my personal happiness and career progression. Outside of sessions, Alice was always quick to follow up, encourage and genuinely demonstrate interest and support. I will definitely continue to see her and recommend her to others.